This is an interactive website in which the students can practise grammar exercises, vocabulary exercises and play educational games. The exercises and games are devised based on different age of students and different level of difficulty.
AGE AND LEVEL OF LEARNERS
# Age of learners - Twelve and above (the units are arranged based on different age)
# Level of learners - All level of difficulties (students may choose based on their level - easy, medium and difficult)
HOW TO USE CLICK N LEARN
Go to Click n Learn Website and you will be directed to this page:
Then, click 'enter site' and you need to choose language ---> click menu ----> and you may choose the exercises based on your level.
*For full tutorial in using this website, you may refer here: Click n Learn Tutorial
EXAMPLE OF CLICK N LEARN
The topic that I have chosen is about 'Travel' which is taken from Eso 2 easy level. There are around twelve activities available. Few example of activities are:
# Activity 1 - Reading a text and answering question (filling the blanks)
# Activity 2 - filling the blanks for correct preposition (have visual aid - a picture of map)
#Activity 3 - Learning the name of transportation - students click on the picture and they can listen to an audio, saying the transport name)
# Activity 4 - complete the sentences by filling the blanks verb and noun (the transport name). This activity relates to activity 3
# Activity 5 - Choosing correct option for parts in transportation.
Good things about this exercise
# Can skip the activity if you don't like it (but only on certain activity)
# Students can check their mark every time they do the exercise
# Good balance between visual and language
# Certain activity has 'help' button
Downside of this exercise
# more like memorising a fact
# No example is given on how to do the exercises
# Can't go back to the previous activity - if there is activity which require to memorise the previous fact, this would be a problem.
# the control is not consistent - sometimes you need to click to go to the next activity, sometimes, it is automatically done
# Too much of exercises which could lead to boredom for the users
*Users need to remember that other activities are differ from this activity. Thus, the good points and its downside could be different.
SUGGESTION OF ACTIVITIES
- This website could be used to teach grammar points to the students. If the school does not have internet connection, the teacher may just print out the exercises
- The teacher could also teach vocabulary items to the students.
- The teacher could also simply suggest this website to the students so that they can do some extra exercises outside the classroom.
*This website could accommodate the students multiple ways of learning. Some students prefer to learn using visual, oral or even with words. However, I think this website is not really suitable for those who prefer aural type of learning since this website does not offer oral recording in the activity.*
*This website also a good website for autonomous learning. This is because there are a lot activities that students can do at home. They can choose any activities based on their level and preferences. As the students can check the marks for each activity, therefore, they could use it for their self-assessment on how good they are.*
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT CLICK N LEARN
- It is FREE
- It is interactive and fun for the students
- A lot of visual
- There is printable version for the exercises
- Students can check their marks
- There is guide for both teacher and students
- This tool offers 'index of unit and contents' in which the topic, content and cultural references are being listed for each unit.
PROBLEMS WITH CLICK N LEARN
- Too many funky sounds but there is not audio
- The site is in Spanish, so, there is problem in terms of understanding some words.
- Some of the exercises have too many written text. Thus, there is no balance between visual and written language.
- Too many exercises under each unit - this could lead to boredom for the students.