Bombay Tv is a website where users can make their own dialogue from a film strip available in this website.
AGE AND LEVEL OF LEARNERS
# Age of learners - fifteen to seventeen years old because some of the content are not really appropriate for young learners.
# Level of learners - Intermediate and advanced level. (Low level learners might not be able to produce the dialogue)
HOW TO USE BOMBAY TV
# Go to the Bombay Tv website. HERE is the link. Below is the screenshot if this website:
|The Bombay Tv screen shot|
# Choose any movie strip that you like and add the dialogue on it.
# When you are happy, put the title for your movie, your name, your e-mail and the e-mail of the person that you want to send your movie to (if you wish).
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE BUILDING USING BOMBAY TV
# Below is the example of Movie strip that I have done:
SUGGESTION OF ACTIVITIES
- Could be used to activate schemata and arouse the students' interest - For example, if the teacher wants to teach about grammar points, the teacher firstly prepare a dialogue which contain the grammar point that she wants to teach.
- As homework - once the teacher teach the grammar point, she can asks the students use the grammar point that she has taught in the movie. Students need to do it at home (as homework) and e-mail it to the teacher.
- Teacher give specific task or topic to the students. For this activity, the focus is not on the grammar but on the topic or sentence building. For example, the topic for the lesson is about smoking. Firstly, the teacher may discuss about smoking such as the bad things of smoking. Then, students sit in pairs and do the advertisement on smoking and e-mail it to the teacher. Teacher will play few videos in the class if the time permits.
*This website offers personalisation for the students. In other words, they can choose any scene that they like and can freely create the dialogue.*
*This website also can accommodate different learning styles. It offers visual, audio which could attract the learners.*
*Can develop collaborative learning especially when they need to work in pairs and do some discussion.*
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT BOMBAY TV
- It's FREE
- Can create personalisation
- Good review of spelling - teacher can check the students' spelling
- Can develop and enhance the students' creativity
- Varying the teaching and learning approach - does not depends only on drilling and using whiteboard.
WHAT I DISLIKE ABOUT BOMBAY TV
- Some of the content might not really appropriate for the students.
- Some students might not really like using those film strips since it comes from old movies - outdated.